New Hampshire Farm Museum
1305 White Mountain Highway
Milton, NH 03851
May 24-Jun 15, open weekends,
Jun 1-Oct 12, open Wed-Sun,
Oct 18-Nov 9, open weekends
The New Hampshire Farm Museum is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to preserving, promoting and carrying forward New Hampshire's rural and agricultural heritage.
The NH Farm Museum consists of two adjoining farmsteads situated on 50 acres located on Plummer's Ridge in Milton, New Hampshire. The historic Jones Farm and the Plummer Homestead date to the late 18th century and are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The farms were passed down in the same families for generations. The Museum is open to the public five days per week mid-June through mid October and offers special events and programs on weekends throughout the year. We offer guided tours of the farm and the historic Jones farmhouse and exhibits and display on rural life and agriculture in New Hampshire. Special events and programs, work shops, school group visits and day camps are offered throughout the year. We have a working farm growing heirloom varieties of vegetables for our Community Supported Agriculture Program and for sale in our Country store. We keep a small selection of heritage breed farm animals to support our educational programs.
Come back to the Farm!
- Learn about three centuries of farm life in New Hampshire
- Tour the historic Jones house and tavern
- Discover our three-story barn filled with tools, wagons, and sleighs
- Go on the Great Yellow Barn Hunt, kids love it!
- Visit our tractor and carriage barn and the apple/cider exhibit
- Meet our farm animals: chickens, goats, sheep, and pigs
- Crack corn the old-fashioned way and feed our chickens
- Explore acres of fields, forests, and wildlife
- Hike an easy trail to the old family cemetery
- Tour our vegetable, herb, and flower gardens
- Buy fresh produce from the farm in our Country Store!
- Join us for special events like Dairy Day, Harvest Day, Stories on the Farm, the Great New Hampshire Pie Festival, and much more! Click on the Events button for a schedule.
Individuals, families, school groups - all are welcome for a memorable visit!