Celebrate aerospace and related fields during this action packed family festival!
Friday Evening, June 13, 2014
Time to Climb!
Aviation buffs: This talk is for you! In February 1992, at Grand Forks AFB, ND, three B-1B bomber aircrew from the 46th Bomb Squadron broke 8 "Time to Climb" world records and establish 4 new "Time to Climb" world records. 12 flights in three different weight classes flew to 3,000, 6,000, 9,000 and 12,000 meters. Was it the cold of North Dakota that help set the records? NO, it was the warmest February day in North Dakota history. Hear Col Bill Moran, the squadron commander, and pilot of the first three record flights tell his story of that memorable day.
General Admission (for Friday evening 6:30-9:00 PM): $10 adults/$9 students & seniors/$7 children/FREE for Members and children under 2.
Saturday, June 14, 2014
10:30 AM-4 PM
This indoor & outdoor event will feature family activities and fun for all ages.
- Engage in science & engineering activities for children and families
- Meet our keynote speaker, NASA Astronaut & Manchester NH Native Captain Lee Morin, M.D., Ph.D.
- Premiere of "To Space and Back" planetarium show
- Opening of "The Sun as Art" exhibit
- See weather balloon launches
- Free telescope viewing with New Hampshire Astronomical Society
- Scholarship Awards for U.S. Space & Rocketry Camp
- Enjoy demonstrations of remote control aircraft, student robotics, and more!
General Admission (for Saturday 10:30 AM-4 PM): $15 adults/$13 students & seniors/$10 children/FREE for Members and children under 2. Sorry, no library passes, coupons or discounts accepted for this event.
How can you get involved? Contact Sherie Moore at SMoore@Starhop.com for volunteer opportunities.